[rt-users] rt/fastcgi

Fred Purdue Fred.Purdue at Pobox.com
Fri May 24 19:28:59 EDT 2002

Hi all,

First off, RT kicks.  It kicks so much I have several customers who are
clamering to have it installed at their sites.

I've gotten a couple of installations up and running but I'm having a
dickens of a problem with one site.

Redhat 7.3
Linux 2.4.18-3
Apache/1.3.23
Perl 5.6.1
FastCgi 2.2.12

I tried using mod_perl to run but when I './K15http start' DBI.pm shoots
out a 100 lines of text and then httpd seg faults.  So I switched over
to FastCGI (which I've had better luck to date with) and I'm getting a
problem I've never seen before:  as soon as I start httpd my
/var/log/httpd/error_log starts filling up with

Can't do setuid
[warn] FastCGI: server "/usr/local/rt2/bin/mason_handler.fcgi terminated
by calling exit with status '2'
[notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

Did I miss something?  Help would be greatly appreciated (especially
since I've been working for 10 days straight and I can't leave until I
get this working)

--
Fred Purdue              General Technology Group