[rt-users] FastCGI, Trailing Slashes

Matt Disney matthew.disney at fedex.com
Fri May 24 21:06:15 EDT 2002

I just installed rt-2.0.13 with fastcgi (whatever was stable last
week). It's quite good, but I'm noticing some behavior that wasn't
there with mod_perl.

I've put a number of new non-standard directories in my local
mason component root. I use these to provide a mnemonic URL via
which the admins of various queues can access their custom queue
listings. So, accordingly, I create the directories and touch
the index.html files in the standard component root.

So, I can go to http://rt.wherever.com/myqueue/ and that works
great. However, if I remove the trailing slash, I have a problem.
Instead of the page I'm suspecting, I simply get a text message
error:

"could not find component for initial path '/myqueue'"

This didn't happen with my installation of mod_perl and rt-2.0.9.
It Just Worked.

I've looked around the RT and apache configs, searched masonhq.com,
as well as searched newsgroups and various mailing lists (including
this one). But I haven't found any clues.

Does anyone have experience with this problem? Ideally, you would
tell me I've simply incorrectly configured one variable... as
opposed to telling me it won't work at all. :-)

Thanks,
Matt