[rt-users] Setting password on creation of account

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Wed May 29 09:48:17 EDT 2002

> From: Ole Schelde [mailto:ole.schelde at a-aarhus.dk]
>
> Where do I have to change the code to automatically set a
> users password
> when the system creates theire account?

I think there are several ways to do it.  One is to edit your copy of
/path/to/rt/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm and find the lines where it's
autocreating a user because it's received e-mail from someone it doesn't
recognize.  (Just do a search on "Autocreated" and you'll get there.)

Find the call to NewUser->Create() and add a piece that's something like

Password => ($Username || $Address),

in the middle of the parameter area.  In this example, it will use the
username as the password, or, if the username doesn't seem to be defined, it
will use the e-mail address as the password.