[rt-users] Where should the autohandler live?

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed May 29 18:25:39 EDT 2002

Michael K. Brown wrote:
> I'm wondering where the autohandler should live.  I've got mine modified for
> LDAP authentication, and I'm trying to clean up my modifications so I can
> import everything into CVS to manage customizations and RT upgrades.

Good man. :-)

> Currently, my autohandler is in
>
>  /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html  Is it safe to move that to
> /usr/local/rt2/local/WebRT/html ?

What I'd do (hmm, actually, what I /do/ do :-) :

* import the fsck.com sources unmodified into your repository
* commit your local hacks to the SAME files (not local/*)
* check the whole lot out to /usr/local/rt2

Then when you grab the latest RT sources, import them untouched
onto the vendor branch, and do any required merging back to your
local branch. This will preserve your changes ready for you to
check out again. :-)

CVS is magic for stuff like this.