[rt-users] Password Encryption Used By RT

John Gedeon jgedeon at qualcomm.com
Fri Nov 8 11:28:52 EST 2002

I am evaluating the RT system and noticed that the passwords stored in the
database are encrypted (good job i wasn't expecting that :) ) but I was
wondering what algorithm was used. I hope its the same as unix based
passwords I am hoping to be able to add the functionality that all users in
RT that get greated by them sending in a request will have their unix
password (and id which is usually their email address as well) be their rt
pass. the easyiest way would ofcourse be cut encrypted pass from passfile
and paste into rt user table, but I wanted to make sure the encryption was
the same....

Thanks for any hints :)
John

<>< Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
your own understanding;"