[rt-users] Public and Private queues?

dphull at ku.edu dphull at ku.edu
Tue Nov 12 11:00:15 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Philip Warner wrote:

> The idea being that a public queue can be viewied or reported to by the
> 'Everyone' group, but a private queue has to have access granted explicitly.
>
> Is this possible?

We have two distinct departments using our system and I have created groups
for the two departments. There are several queues for each department and I
grant access to the queues based on group membership. If your not a member of
group A, you don't see any of group A's queues, etc.

So yes, it's possible. You just need to dig into the permissions and adjust
accordingly. You can even set things up so that one group can see all queues
(that's how our RT administrators group is set up). Every time you add a new
queue you'll have to grant permissions on that queue to the groups you want to
have access.

Good luck.

--
Dave Hull