[rt-users] Length of Email Address in rt?

Verlin Henderson VerlinHenderson at onlineinfoservices.com
Wed Nov 13 15:33:16 EST 2002

Howdy gang!

	I'm using rt and loving it, but I've run into a seeming inconsistency
that's got me wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me. According to
http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=158#163 , the EmailAddress of the user
is a varchar up to 120 characters long. When I try to use much shorter email
addresses, such as oh, say, VerlinHenderson at onlineinfoservices.com (48
characters), I get: EmailAddress: Illegal value for EmailAddress in the
Results. Is the schema in the documentation incorrect, or is there something
more nefarious about? I'm using RT 2.0.14 on Red Hat 7.2.

Sincerely,
Verlin Henderson
Technology Department Manager
ONLINE Information Services