[rt-users] Lost tickets? Purging old tickets? Does anyone have an answer?

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Mon Nov 18 12:08:28 EST 2002

Greetings all,

I have recently run into two big issues with RT in our organization, and I
was thinking some of you may have the answers I seek.

Number one is lost tickets. I have some tickets that I can trace all the
way into RT (via Sendmail logs) but they never show up in queues. Using the
$ticketcount hack someone (I have no idea who) cooked up, I see "10 results
found" when I search on the Requestor, but I do not see the tickets. The
search, FWIW, is "Requestor: partofhisemail"

Number two is the size of the database. The database on our install has
mushroomed out of control, and I need to know if any of you have any
experience vetting it.  It's up to 4.1G and we are beginning to see
performance problems.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you can shed on this problem.

~Ben
---
    Ben Browning <benb at theriver.com>
       The River Internet Access Co.