[rt-users] /usr/lib/rt stuff

Owen B. Mehegan omehegan at perseus.com
Mon Nov 18 17:18:49 EST 2002

I made some more progress on this; I got initdb create and insert to work
(the syntax is a little weird...), but now I can't get insertdata to work.
It keeps giving me this error:

DBI->connect(dbname=rt;host=localhost) failed: FATAL 1:  IDENT
authentication failed for user "www-data" at
/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 117
Connect Failed FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "www-data"
 at tools/insertdata line 27

I don't get prompted for a password for www-data, and I can't figure out
what it's set to by default; null doesn't work...

Best regards,

Owen B. Mehegan
MIS Manager, Perseus Development Corp.
Landline: (781) 848-8100 x263
Mobile: (617) 285-1701
SurveySolutions for the Web:  Winner of the PC Magazine Editors' Choice
Award