[rt-users] root unable to login?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Nov 21 11:13:05 EST 2002

This has to be a stupid one on my part.  I just did a fresh installation for a
RT 2-0-x and everything installed quite nicely.

Unfortunately, via the WebUI, I cannot log in as root in order to configure
things via the web interface.  I was hoping to get things ready for a demo here
to my boss today, but I must have rushed passed something rather obvious here.

Yes, I do know that the default password is 'password', and I even used the
rtadmin command to set it to "password" just for the heck of it.

Any ideas as to where else to look?  I put some debug code in to the autohandler
script in the WebRT directory, and it is definitely getting the right ID, but it
sees the password as being incorrect...

Grrr..

-Rich