[rt-users] Newbie confusion

Dave Sill de5-list-rt-users at sws5.ornl.gov
Mon Nov 25 10:00:50 EST 2002

Phil Homewood <pdh at snapgear.com> wrote:
>Dave Sill wrote:
>> I've got RT running and I'm trying to figure out how it works. Is
>> there any kind of tutorial?
>
>http://fsck.com/rtfm/

That's a manual, not a tutorial. I was looking for more of a
step-by-step click-this, type-that procedure to set up a queue, queue
owner, and a couple users. The information is probably all there in
the manual, but to a newbie trying to get started, there's a lot of
set-up that has to be done once RT is installed and it's not obvious
what needs to be done and how things should work.

I'm still having trouble not seeing messages in a queue to which I
have full rights. I'm using rt-mailgate to send messages to my queue,
but I can't see them logged in as myself. Root sees them fine, and, if
I change ownership to me, I can see them as myself.

>> Is there a searchable archive of [the] mailing list?
>
>http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/lists.html

Thanks, missed the search link.

-Dave