[rt-users] RT3/Apache2/Mod_Perl2

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Wed Nov 27 14:43:18 EST 2002

(Cc'ing rt-devel, the current designated forum for RT3 stuff --
 please move the discussion there if possible, thanks.)

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:37:52PM -0500, Derek Buttineau wrote:
> With RT3 in alpha, is there any guess as to whether the combination of
> RT3/Apache2/Mod_Perl2 will be functional?

It is already functional and has been in production use for several
months here.

You will need Mason 1.15+ (pre-1.14 masons didn't work with pure-apache2
settings), CGI 2.89+, mod_perl 1.99_05+, and preferably Apache 2.0.42+.

Look at the bin/modperl2.pl in the source distribution -- that's the
Apache2 handler contributed by yours truly. :) And here's the httpd.conf
settings I use:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName rt.autrijus.org
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/html

    PerlSwitches -I/opt/rt3/lib
    PerlModule  Apache2
    PerlRequire "/opt/rt3/bin/modperl2.pl"

    PerlModule Apache::Reload
    PerlSetVar ReloadAll Off
    PerlSetVar ReloadModules "RT::*"
    PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload

    <FilesMatch "\.html$">
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
    </FilesMatch>
</VirtualHost>

You can safely omit the Apache::Reload bits, but I find them to be very
handy when doing development works.

Also note that while you can use Apache::DBI, it currently requires
Apache::compat, which may slow things down slightly.  YMMV.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/