[rt-users] Timezone Help Needed

Greg Elisara greg.elisara at realgroovy.co.nz
Mon Nov 25 15:56:08 EST 2002

Hi Folks,

I'm getting weird timestamps in rt2 (running on Linux RH8). I'm in Auckland,
New Zealand (GMT +12). I have set the timezone setting in config.pm to
'NZDT', which I believe linux understands (at least "date" returns in NZDT,
eg Tue Nov 26 09:43:12 NZDT 2002) but in RT the timestamp seems to be for
GMT.

I have the linux box getting the local time from a timeserver here in New
Zealand and turned the UTC option off in the RH Date & Time settings.

I've played around a bit but it never seems to get the right time.