[rt-users] loop detection not working?

Dwayne Voelker dwayne at newnetco.com
Tue Oct 1 12:54:10 EDT 2002

hi,
we redirect mail on our mail gateway (virtusertable) with queue at domain.org going to queue at rt.domain.org
the email address set on the queue itself is queue at domain.org so replys to messages from the queue will go through the gateway
we also have multiple aliases for each queue like
queue:  "|/path/to/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --queue queue --action correspond"
queue2:  "|/path/to/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --queue queue --action correspond"

we set up the loop detection in rt like
return(1) if ($address =~ /^queue\@domain.org$/i);
return(1) if ($address =~ /^queue\@rt.domain.org$/i);
return(1) if ($address =~ /^queue2\@domain.org$/i);
return(1) if ($address =~ /^queue2\@rt.domain.org$/i);

if a customer creates a ticket to queue2 at domain.org then replys to the autoresponse while ccing the queue at domain.org the loop detection fails and emails start looping
I have set it to send notification of loops to me so i get the loop notices but these looping emails are getting put into the ticket as new correspondence to requestor and the email is logged in maillog as sent.

it seems to me that rt should never send mail it thinks is a loop to requestor, is this right?

-d voelker