[rt-users] rt customizations

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Wed Oct 2 13:18:58 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Mike Patterson wrote:

> I finally got rt working on our production freebsd server and I have a
> few questions/customizations that I'd like advice on.
>
> 1) When I connect to our (apache_mod_ssl) server using
> https://servername/rt2 under Mozilla (1.1) there is no problem.  When I
> visit using IE (5.5 or 6.0) It prompts me every time I move to another
> rt page: "This page contains secure and insecure items.  Do you want to
> display non-secure items?"  If I say "Yes", it proceeds to the next
> page, if I say "No" it proceeds to the next page without displaying the
> checkmark icon (rt.jpg).  But the prompt is annoying and if possible I'd
> like to fix that server side (e.g. make the icon "secure"??).
>
> 2) I'd like the ability to "assign" a ticket to members or our helpdesk
> staff, rather than rely only on self "taking" or "stealing" tickets.
> Any ideas how to set this up?
>
> 3) Has anyone setup rt to do ldap-based authentication (as opposed to
> local mysql passwords)?  Note our freebsd server uses NIS for unix
> logins, but we use LDAP to authenticate to certain web-pages in our
> organization.

We utilize $ENV{REMOTE_USER} set by one layer up LDAP/web
authentication module what is not your case, but I suggest you to
write down some code into the {your_rt2_dir}/local/WebRT/html/autohandler.

Personaly I could offer some code that utilizes LDAP to autorization only.
It autocreates authorized users on their first RT login utilizing
pieces of information from LDAP and putting them into some group (which
has set needed RT's "access rights").

> 4) I first installed rt on RedHat 7.2 following Gary Leong's helpful
> instructions (http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=2#180).  I documented
> my steps well and filled in the missing instructions to those docs, it
> seems a bit lengthy for a mailing list, should I submit here or somwhere
> else?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: +420 377491 588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404