[rt-users] Possible Bug? [Was: Odd Search Problem]

Derek Buttineau derek at csolve.net
Thu Oct 3 15:44:47 EDT 2002

Figured out what is causing this problem.. the search query apparently
queries queues/tickets that the user cannot see but limits the display based
on the ACL?  What this resulted in was 500+ tickets being displayed for the
user, but the user only had the ability to see a handful.. thus they didn't
always get a listing off all their allowed tickets.  If you set the limit to
unlimited, the query takes a wack of time, but eventually will return the
desired results.

Wouldn't it be better to make the search query only query the database for
the tickets that the user would have access to view?

Anyway, think this solution will suffice for us for the time being, just
thought I'd mention the oddity.

Derek