[rt-users] Problems installing with Pg

Jarrod Smith jsmith at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Oct 4 17:51:19 EDT 2002

It seems that there is a problem with Pg in 2.0.14?

I'm trying to do a 'make install' but having problems connecting to a
postgres server on localhost.  I've seen similar posts here before but
nothing exactly like this...

Any time there is a DBI->connect(dbname=rt2;host=localhost), the connect
fails.  I can define DB_HOST and DB_RT_HOST to be null in the Makefile and
things get farther (the rt2 database gets built), but then towards the
end of the install:

/usr/bin/perl -I//usr/local/rt2/etc -I//usr/local/rt2/lib
//usr/local/rt2/etc/insertdata
DBI->connect(dbname=rt2;host=) failed: connectDBStart() --  unknown
hostname: user=rt_user at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 117
Connect Failed connectDBStart() --  unknown hostname: user=rt_user
 at //usr/local/rt2/etc/insertdata line 27
make: *** [insert] Error 255

So in this phase, the "host=" argument is hardwired into the DBI->connect
even if I leave it null.  If I modify config.pm to put localhost back, I
get the same error connecting that I did before.  I did not try to go
modify the code to remove the 'host=' argument completely.  I thought I
had better ask here first.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

--
Jarrod A. Smith, Ph.D.
Asst. Director, Center for Structural Biology

189 processes: 130 sleeping, 59 running