[rt-users] external authentication

Aaron Bryant bryantac67 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 16:54:14 EDT 2002

Has anyone had any luck getting external
authentication to work?  I have a script that I want
to try, and I know that you are supposed to use
SetExternalAuth in config.pm.  Am I supposed to define
that to point to the script?  When I do that, all RT
says is 'Error -> You are not an authorized user.'  I
think a window is supposed to popup or something, and
I have made changes to httpd.conf (AllowOverride
AuthConfig) and .htaccess (require valid-user), but to
no avail.

Thanks,
Aaron