[rt-users] postgres vs mysql

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Wed Oct 9 12:02:49 EDT 2002

Am Mittwoch, 09.10.02 um 08:49 Uhr schrieb John Green:

> Hi,
>
> Various threads here, and on the website, mention that mysql is
> recommended as a database backend for RT rather than postgresql.
>
> Does anyone have any evidence showing why?  I am particularly
> interested in any performance figures/anecdotes.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John

This has nothing to do with performance per se, IIRC. RT was/is
traditionally designed with the MySQL backend, and thus it is in use
for most installations. If You use postgres, You need to know what You
are doing even more than when using MySQL, where others can give You
specific advice on using it with RT.

It might be the database schemas are not as well designed for postgres
as for MySQL, which could lead to a performance hit.

Regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener * FCB/Wilkens * An der Alster 42 * 20099 Hamburg