[rt-users] More an d more garbage files in ./rt2/WebRT/sessiondata

Ruben Schattevoy schattev at biochem.mpg.de
Thu Oct 10 04:48:30 EDT 2002

We have setup and running RT2 since about two
months. Now we have discovered that about 500
files per day are created in the sessiondata
directory. Aparently these files never get
removed. The following output may give an idea
of the kind of files which fill up the session-
data directory:

WebRT/sessiondata# ls -alF *adb669ef78e0b4566745e6adaebb2982*
-rw-------    1 wwwrun   nogroup         0 Aug 16 20:16
Apache-Session-adb669ef78e0b4566745e6adaebb2982.lock
-rw-------    1 wwwrun   nogroup        56 Aug 16 20:16
adb669ef78e0b4566745e6adaebb2982

Is this a bug, a failour with our local installation
or is this a feature? Would it be safe to delete
all these files?

Thanks,

Ruben