[rt-users] Slow ticket creation with postgres?

Mat mwatson at netspace.net.au
Fri Oct 18 20:03:22 EDT 2002

the database is about 400,000 tickets (which works out to be a little under
4 million rows across all tables)

Yep vacuum analyzed it, (its a new import, shouldn't be alot for it to do.)

my memory setups are as follows

shared_buffers = 30400
max_fsm_relations = 500
max_fsm_pages = 10000
sort_mem = 32168
fsync = false

for most pages is it comparable to mysql, however for the create new ticket
page, its about 10 times slower. I've checked the indexing, and it _seems_
fine.

Mat

---