[rt-users] Split Ticket

Andy Coates andy at bribed.net
Thu Oct 31 19:08:26 EST 2002

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:55:22AM -0500, Tony Aiuto wrote:
> > I need a feature that will let me split a ticket into N
> > tickets.  We often get bug reports that are 2 or more
> > separate issues.   What I would like to do is copy
> > all the data from the original ticket into the new
> > tickets.
>
> 'Funny coincidence', we (staff at math...) were talking
> about nearly the same Idea a few days ago, but so far
> only about 'copying the currently viewed ticket into a
> new one'. So the 'staffer' would have to do this a few
> more times in cases of 'more multi multi-issue'-tickets.
>
> My *Idea* (no realisation yet) was so far just to
> duplicate the workings of the button for 'new ticket'
> and I did hope it will be possible to get/insert
> all the necessary parts into the new ticket..
> (And than hit 'back' often enough, and do it again).
>
> Can somebody knowledeable give me hint whether this
> is a good direction to start (and by this also start
> top learn how adapt RT to our local needs :-)

How much can one do with backend manipulation, instead of using the
frontend?

Seems a lot of info is stored within the SQL tables, but is everything
there to actually insert data via other methods, yet still allow the
frontend to read the new data/modifications?

I know I'd rather code SQL queries than try and break RT :-)

Andy.