[rt-users] Install on redhat 7.3

Banze, Andreas Andreas.Banze at Geodata.de
Mon Sep 9 13:48:06 EDT 2002

> I'd like to test and probably use RT on a small company Redhat 7.3
> server I recently installed. I tried the RT installation but could not
> get the database to install as it refused the user (rt_user) password
> during make install.
> Is it possible to install on RH 7.3 without recompiling Apache as most
> of the docs seem to indicate I have to do? If I have to, is
> there a step
> by step that will work?

I don't have a step-by-step guide, but I installed rt (both 2.0.14 and
2.1.33) numerous times on a redhat 7.3 without recompiling.

On a freh redhat-box the root-password for mysql is unset (rt Makefile
doesn't like it - set the password using mysqladmin), afterwards the make
install should work.