[rt-users] Trouble installing RT 2.0.14

John Gedeon jgedeon at qualcomm.com
Mon Sep 9 17:34:26 EDT 2002

I installed perl and all the modules needed to connect to oracle as well as
all the modules needed for RT. However rt's installation script dies when
it tries to connect to the database which other perl scripts can do.

I get the following error when running make install.

> > DBI->connect(dbname=kdqctdev;host=winchester) failed: Can't connect using
> > this syntax without specifying a HOST and a SID at
> >
> /local/mnt/workspace/jgedeon/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm
>
> > line 117
> > Connect Failed Can't connect using this syntax without specifying a HOST
> > and a SID
> >  at //local/mnt/workspace/jgedeon/local/rt2/etc/insertdata line 27
> > *** Error code 255

Any one offer some tips?
John

<>< Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
your own understanding;"