[rt-users] RT - Restoring the DB

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Fri Sep 27 14:20:28 EDT 2002

At 09:03 AM 9/27/2002, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>I have lost the full functioanlity of rt2 after I migrated my /var partition
>to a larger disk.

UGH. I just went through this.

>I however have a backup of /var/db/mysql/rt2 from last Friday. What do I need
>to do to get rt to use this properly?

OK, heres the drill:
  1 Shut down httpd and sendmail (sendmail will bounce messages, so it is
better to have them spool on a secondary MX somewhere)
  2 Shut down MySQL
  3 Copy your old files into the directory (in this instance,
/var/db/mysql/rt2)
  4 Start MySQL
  5 Run mysqlcheck on the DB
  6 Cross fingers

>1. I cannot get the dropdown users list.
>2. When I search for a users id (withing rt) it gives null result - user
>doesn't exist.
>    However, when I do an SQL query I see the users.
>3. I see tickets but not the bodies

Sounds like only a few tables got hosed. Before trying the above I would
give mysqlcheck a chance. Worst case it blows your DB into little bits and
you go to using Fridays backup anyway :)

~Ben
(who speaks for himself alone, here)