[rt-users] RT3 DOA - won't accept mail

Rob Mitzel rmitzel at peer1.net
Tue Apr 1 02:28:06 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

So I figured I'd upgrade to rt3 today.  It's been out for a couple of days
now, everything looks great.

After about 4 hours of work, I got it to install.  Of course, now all the
dependencies for my old rt2 install are screwed, so I can't easily go back.
So much for that idea.

Then the database conversion tool won't work.  Freebsd 4.5, half a gig of
RAM, and it tells me it's out of memory when it tries to run it.  Oh well,
I'll have to recreate all the users.  Hopefully they won't mind.  And we'll
lose about 40 active tickets. Oh well, stuff happens.

Well, now I can't even get RT 3 to accept mail. I can create tickets fine,
and RT sends the auto-ack just fine, but when you try and email a ticket,
you get what I cut & pasted at the bottom of this.  I've tried everything I
can think of.  It's rt 3, on FreeBSD 4.5 with exim 4 and Apache 2.

I told everyone RT'd be out for a few hours.  They were already whining
about the UI of it for some reason, and I'm afraid this will be the excuse
they need to can me and get someone who will approve a $30,000 Windows
solution or something. :(  Anyone have any ideas?  Please??

Thanks in advance.

-Rob.

(BEGIN CUT & PASTE)

  pipe to |/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
correspond --url http://ticket.peer1.net/
    generated by rt at ticket.peer1.net
    local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
correspond --url http://ticket.peer1.net/
       generated by rt at ticket.peer1.net ------

RT server error.

The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It
said:

%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK
%#
%# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> %# %#
(Except where explictly superceded by other copyright notices) %# %# This
work is made available to you under the terms of Version 2 of %# the GNU
General Public License. A copy of that license should have %# been provided
with this software, but in any event can be snarfed %# from www.gnu.org.
%#
%# This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but %#
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of %#
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU %# General
Public License for more details.
%#
%# Unless otherwise specified, all modifications, corrections or %#
extensions to this work which alter its source code become the %# property
of Best Practical Solutions, LLC when submitted for %# inclusion in the
work.
%#
%#
%# END LICENSE BLOCK
<%ARGS>
$message
$queue => 1
$action => "correspond"
$ticket => undef
</%ARGS>
<%init>
use RT::Interface::Email;
my ( $status, $error, $Ticket ) = RT::Interface::Email::Gateway( %ARGS);
</%init>
%    if ($status) {
ok
%        if ( $Ticket->Id ) {
Ticket: <% $Ticket->Id %>
Queue: <% $Ticket->QueueObj->Name %>
Owner: <% $Ticket->OwnerObj->Name %>
Subject: <% $Ticket->Subject %>
Requestor: <% $Ticket->Requestors->MemberEmailAddressesAsString %>
% }   else {
not ok - <%$error%>
% }