[rt-users] rt2-to-rt3 question

Reini Urban rurban at inode.at
Wed Apr 2 07:08:10 EST 2003

Matthew Watson schrieb:
> hmm, I could be in big trouble.
> mysql> select count(*) from Tickets;
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |   528340 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.70 sec)
>
>> The exporting process goes fairly smoothly but at a glacier's pace.  It
>> took our system about 18 hours to export 60000 tickets + other
>> configuration data.

Ha! Finally a number to my taste.
We didn't switch from rt-1.7 to rt2/rt3 yet because of performance
reasons with ~400000 tickets.

Could you please tell us if run-time performance is now acceptable with
rt3 and such a number.

I don't care that much for some days to wait to convert the data, we
also needed some days to import and index the ripe data.

rt:~ > mysql -uroot -p -e'select count(*) from each_req' rt
| count(*) |
|   430273 |
rt:~ > mysql -uroot -p -e'select count(*) from transactions' rt
| count(*) |
|  1618402 |