[rt-users] RT not working yet. Help!

jkaufman at footlocker.com jkaufman at footlocker.com
Fri Apr 4 12:44:16 EST 2003

Well met, Is your mod_perl compiled as a DSO? (Dynamically loaded module)
or compiled directly into apache (You should be able to check using httpd
-l). The RT Doc's do state that you shouldn't run mod_perl as a DSO and
that it's a good idea to use EVERYTHING=1 during the compilation of
mod_perl (if you can get away with it)...Can someone on the list explain
the particular's of why?

Jonathan Kaufman

Foot Locker Inc.
E-Mail: jkaufman at footlocker.com

                                               To:      jkaufman at footlocker.com
                                               cc:
                        Luc Violaté            Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT not working yet. Help!
                        <luc.violate at ol
                        eane.net>

                        04/04/2003
                        10:28 AM

Hello all,

I got the same kind of problems with Apache::DBI and the test part.
I forced the install of Apache::DBI.

The rest of the install was ok

I finnally got to the point to restart the apache :

/usr/sbin/apachectl configtest
Syntax OK
/usr/sbin/apachectl: line 171: 24805 Segmentation fault      $HTTPD -t

When I remove the PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl from the httpd.conf
the Segmentation fault vanish.

So I tried again the test on Apache-DBI, and as it is still failling I
think this is the reason of the Segmentation fault.

I'm looking at the configuration of mod_perl right now as it seems I
miss PERL_CHILD_INIT=1 et PERL_STACKED_HANDLERS=1

(apache & libapache_mod_perl from stable debian)

Do you think this is the probleme, or am I rebuilding libapache_mod_perl
  for nothing?

          Luc

:~/.cpan/build/Apache-DBI-0.91# make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1
-I/usr/share/perl/5.6.1 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose);
$verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/10mysql....ok 2/719465 Apache::DBI             need ping: yes
19465 Apache::DBI             new connect to
'testAutoCommit=1PrintError=1RaiseError=1'
t/10mysql....NOK 3#     Failed test (t/10mysql.t at line 23)
19465 Apache::DBI             need ping: no
19465 Apache::DBI             already connected to
'testAutoCommit=1PrintError=1RaiseError=1'
t/10mysql....NOK 4#     Failed test (t/10mysql.t at line 26)
t/10mysql....ok 5/719465 Apache::DBI             need ping: no
19465 Apache::DBI             already connected to
'testAutoCommit=1PrintError=1RaiseError=1'
t/10mysql....NOK 6#     Failed test (t/10mysql.t at line 31)
t/10mysql....NOK 7#     Failed test (t/10mysql.t at line 33)
#     'ne'
#
#     undef
# Looks like you failed 4 tests of 7.
t/10mysql....dubious
         Test returned status 4 (wstat 1024, 0x400)
             DIED. FAILED tests 3-4, 6-7
                     Failed 4/7 tests, 42.86% okay
                         Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of
Failed

t/10mysql.t    4  1024     7    4  57.14%  3-4 6-7
Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 4/7 subtests failed, 42.86% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2

"'jkaufman at footlocker.com'" <jkaufman at footlocker.com>
rt-users at lists.fsck.com