[rt-users] RT not working yet. Help! - FIXED.

jkaufman at footlocker.com jkaufman at footlocker.com
Fri Apr 4 15:59:44 EST 2003

Well...Sorry to have wasted your time...Looks like it was my fault :) I had
umask set to 027 while doing the perl dependencies, which made it
impossiable for Apache to access them as the perl directories were not
world read/execute. I found this out by running the Apache webserver as a
user with the same default group as root. Just to be safe, I blew away all
the perl stuff and re-installed them (with 022 umask). Likely I could have
gotten away with just chmod o+rx on all the directories under my perl5 lib.

Thanks for the help Jesse.

Jonathan Kaufman

E-Mail: jkaufman at footlocker.com
Jonathan Kaufman

Foot Locker Corporate Services, Inc.
E-Mail: jkaufman at footlocker.com
Tel:414-357-4062
Fax:717-972-3700
Tie Line:89-221-4062

                                               To:      jkaufman at footlocker.com
                                               cc:
                        Jesse Vincent          Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT not working yet. Help!
                        <jesse at bestprac
                        tical.com>

                        04/03/2003
                        06:20 PM

what happens if you chmod -R 777 /data/htdocs/base/rt3/etc and stop and
start apache?