[rt-users] UTF-8 Error Messages filling log files

Brett Randall rt at ipsware.com
Mon Apr 7 17:33:08 EDT 2003

Hi all

I have recently rebuilt a server of mine and now occasionally receive
the following error in my syslog files:

Apr  8 03:41:08 proxy RT: Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected end of
string) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/IO/ScalarArray.pm line
524.  (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:222)

When this message starts coming, it fills up my hard drive in a matter
of minutes and I have to delete the log files and restart http to get
rid of it. I don't know why it is happening or why it fills up my
drive... it seems as though RT or something related to it gets into an
endless loop... Does anyone know why this might happen? In case this
is related to my server's locale settings, they are:

[root at proxy log]# locale
LANG=en_AU
LC_CTYPE=en_AU
LC_NUMERIC=en_AU
LC_TIME=en_AU
LC_COLLATE=en_AU
LC_MONETARY=en_AU
LC_MESSAGES=en_AU
LC_PAPER=en_AU
LC_NAME=en_AU
LC_ADDRESS=en_AU
LC_TELEPHONE=en_AU
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_AU
LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_AU
LC_ALL=
[root at proxy log]#

Thanks all.

Brett.
--
I think I'm schizophrenic.  One half of me's paranoid and the other half's
out to get him.