[rt-users] RT 3 - Postgres vs. MySQL?

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Thu Apr 10 20:28:37 EDT 2003

Hi All,

My company is going to be making the move to RT3 shortly, having been using
RT2 for some time now.

Our RT2 machine is running Postgres, but has been having some rather severe
performance issues that I've been unable to clear up through DB tuning.  Ours
is the case where loading a ticket causes Postmaster to consume 100% CPU for
an extended period while loading the ticket - I've seen other people mention
this issue on this list but no definite solutions for it.

I'm debating the move from Postgres to MySQL for the RT3 box.  I'm wondering
if anyone has experience with either or what the general consensus is in
regard to Postgres vs MySQL (with regard to RT.)

Also, I haven't yet RTFM, but I'm assuming that there's some way to migrate
our 12,000+ RT2 tickets to the RT3 system?

Thanks,

Mick