[rt-users] Re: BUG in rt2->rt3 conversion re: keywords

Nicolae P. Costescu nick at strongholdtech.com
Mon Apr 14 16:24:08 EDT 2003

At 04:11 PM 4/14/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Does it _also_ create the global custom fields?

Nope. I looked in CustomFields for rows with queue value 0 and there were
NONE. But I had a row for each queue for each custom field that used to be
global,

>The right place to fix this is in the import/export tools, not by making
>you do nasty things after the fact.

I certainly agree :) But I only noticed the problem when users started
complaining that their keywords got lost when they moved tickets from queue
to queue. We're committed now buddy - there's no going back to rt2 ;)

Right now I'm finishing my program to elminate duplicate entries in
TicketCustomFieldValues (created by users who put a ticket in 1 queue, put
in keywords, went to another queue, put the keywords in again - all before
I figured out the pblm and put in the global keywords).

When I mapped them all to the new global CustomFields I ended up with
duplicates in those cases.

Nicolae P. Costescu, Ph.D.  / Senior Developer
Stronghold Technologies
46040 Center Oak Plaza, Suite 160 / Sterling, Va 20166
Tel: 571-434-1472 / Fax: 571-434-1478