[rt-users] A new permissions bug

Jonathan Mischo jon at clickalyzer.com
Tue Apr 15 02:29:28 EDT 2003

Okay....the valid user thing was permissions that got wiped out, somehow.
That is now resolved...it appears to have only been on one queue.

As for the "Invalid right" bug, it appears any time I attempt to give a
group or user more than one new permission to any particular queue at a
time.  No new permissions get added to that group or user when I try to
assign multiple new rights.

For instance:

If I have a user named "foo" and a group named "bar" and try to assign
either of them "ShowTicket" and "ShowTicketComments" simultaneously, I get a
single "Invalid right" message.  If I try to assign either of them
"ShowTicket" or "ShowTicketComments" individually (i.e. set one per POST), I
can assign both with no problem.

As for deleting global templates, I've tried with both SuperUser and
ModifyTemplate rights, and I still can't do it, but I can modify the
templates with either right.  This ONLY happens on global templates, though.
Queue templates don't give me permission denied.

Queues are still giving me that problem that you said you saw in old
versions of Mason, but I'm running 1.19.

Here's the skinny on what I'm running:  Apache with mod_perl1, pgsql 7.3.2,
perl 5.6.1, Mason 1.19, SB 0.81_04, RT 3.0.1pre2

I'm having all of these problems running with SuperUser rights, but they
also exist for users with the applicable rights.

-Jon