[rt-users] A new permissions bug

Jonathan Mischo jon at clickalyzer.com
Tue Apr 15 17:56:50 EDT 2003

Jesse-

It would appear, from the list, that this was never actually solved.  This
was what you said at the end of that thread:
I'm hesitant to touch this issue right now, as a couple of _big_ search
changes will be landing before the beta.I suspect that something you did
(after Nov 29th) resolved the issue, and now it's broken again.  Here's what
I think is happening here:

I think certain Arrays (arrays of rights and arrays of statuses, etc) are
not being properly expanded for pgsql 7.3.2.  This might be something in
SearchBuilder, but I highly suspect it's not, since it broke in 3.0.1pre1 or
pre2 (I don't recall whether I actually installed pre1).  This would explain
the sudden behavior, since these problems weren't in 3.0.0.

[UPDATE: just got confirmation from the list that someone found this in
3.0.0, too...I didn't experience it in 3.0.0, but it appears to have been
masked by something else.]

Perhaps this IS a SearchBuilder thing?  I'm waiting to hear some version
numbers from the two other users who have replicated this.

-Jon