[rt-users] RT 3.0 Speed

Dean Kao nouveaux at lightconsulting.com
Tue Apr 22 18:30:07 EDT 2003

Well, after reviewing RT 3.0 extensively, our director is
hesitant because the homepage is slow.  So before I say anything,
here is the setup:

Dual P450
512 mb ram
RT 3.0.1
database: Mysql 4.0.12
SearchBuilder 0.80
Mason 1.16
CGI.pm 1.75
apache 1.3.27
perl 5.6.1

And my my.cnf:

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable = table_cache=192
set-variable = key_buffer_size=192M
set-variable = sort_buffer=1M
set-variable = myisam_sort_buffer_size=48M
set-variable = thread_cache=8

set-variable = thread_concurrency=4
log-bin
server-id = 1

innodb_data_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/innodb
innodb_data_file_path=/ibdata:300M:autoextend
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/innodb/iblogs/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /var/lib/mysql/innodb/iblogs/
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=256M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=20M
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=57M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=2M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

One of the current problems is the home page taking so long to load.
We have several managers who just pop up to check the QuickSearch
to see the status of the tickets in every queue and using it would
be painful.  This is actually preventing us from migrating fully
to 3.0.

Does anyone see any optimizations to speed up our current setup?
That page is taking on average ~10 seconds to load while the RT 2.0
version takes ~5 seconds.

If no one see anything obvious, then might I suggest having the home
page cached so that displaying the home page doesnt require all
those database hits.  We actually wouldn't mind that the data is not
real time and it's off by a min or two.

Dean