[rt-users] hardcoding /opt considered harmful

Steve Wampler sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us
Fri Aug 1 14:02:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 09:52:40AM -0700, Peter Hessler wrote:
> I installed RT3 on my web server, and now its time to migrate to a new
> server.  When I installed the first install, I used `./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local`.  Which failed miserably.  /opt is hardcoded in
> the vast majority of the files, so I had to do a `mount_null
> /usr/local /opt`, which is bloody annoying.
>
> Can someone please fix this?

Hmmm, I did nearly this with 3.0.3 and had no problems.

The only difference is I used:

   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/rt ...

to put all the installed files under a single root directory.

--
Steve Wampler     {sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us}
The gods that smiled upon your birth are laughing now. -- fortune cookie