[rt-users] Newbie Logout Error

Tom White debian at oddquad.org
Sat Aug 2 16:46:05 EDT 2003

I've managed to get most of the basic RT configuration done on a fresh
install, but I seem to have hit a snag: users can't logout.  The logout
page is located at /rt/NoAuth/Logout.html, and redirects the user
immediately to:

/rt/NoAuth/%3C%$URL%%3E

Which produces a "Bad Request" response from the server.  Below are the
Logout.html and relative secion of the apache config.  Does this mean that
the RT::Mason handler is for some reason not being invoked to deal with
the page?  Is it a mod_perl limitation on multiple perl-handlers in the
same apache instance?  (The pagekit web application framework is also
running on the server)  Or can somebody please tell me something like
"Don't be silly, delete that percent character."?

~Tom White

The standard Logout.html is as follows:

#GPL Notice
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>RT: Logout</TITLE>
 <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=<%$URL%>">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<A HREF="<%$URL%>"><&|/l&>You're welcome to login again</&></a>

<%PERL>
if (defined %session) {
        tied(%session)->delete;
}
$m->abort();
</%PERL>

<%ARGS>
$URL => $RT::WebPath."/"
</%ARGS>

And the server configuration (inside a vhost) is set up with:

#This is for the request tracker
Alias /rt /usr/local/share/html
<Directory /usr/local/share/html>
 Order deny,allow
 Allow from all
 AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
 PerlRequire /usr/local/bin/webmux.pl
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>

It is equally bad when one speeds on the guest unwilling to go, and when he
holds back one who is hastening.  Rather one should befriend the guest who
is there, but speed him when he wishes.
		-- Homer, "The Odyssey"

	[Quoted in "VMS Internals and Data Structures", V4.4, when
	 referring to scheduling.]