[rt-users] RT Newbie - Installing Apache/MySQL on Redhat 9

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Tue Aug 5 20:36:06 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, JChen at paymentone.com wrote:
>1) Is it better to install Apache and MySQL into /opt dir with RT as a fresh install instead of selecting them from the Redhat 9 CD.

I use Apache 2 from the Red Hat distribution with my installation of RT3,
other people have recompiled apache 1.3 for their RT3 on RH9 installations.

I don't know which is better; I prefer to use the existing packages to keep
my systems as reproducible as possible, but there are a lot of problems
using mod_perl from Red Hat with RT3; so I end up building mod_fastcgi
packages anyway.

>2)  Also wondering if there is website with support with request tracker on redhat.

It's definitely not a support site but I have a bunch of crap with no
documentation relating to my RT3 installation at
http://www.anchor.net.au/~jaq/rt

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg