[rt-users] Huge memory leaks(httpd)

Michael van Elst mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
Wed Aug 6 08:45:04 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> One httpd process get more and more memory and then memory end up.

Is there a large mail (large attachment) being sent to RT ?

> MaxRequestPerChild didn't help.

Setting MaxRequestPerChild to 1 will handle all memory leaks (but of
course it slows down apache). If you still run out of memory then
you simply do not have enough memory.

> Is it mod_perl related problem?

Apache growing is a mod_perl related problem.

> May be we need to go to FastCGI for some time?

This will only move to problem from apache to the fastcgi process.
The fastcgi process will grow was large and fast as the apache process
does now.

Greetings,
--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
  :WWMWMw=--.          "W='  cable & wireless
   9WWMm==-.
    "-Wmw-"  CABLE & WIRELESS