[rt-users] Indicies to add to RT3

Matt Simonsen matt_lists at careercast.com
Wed Aug 6 16:40:49 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 13:16, Aaron Turner wrote:
> What I do is tail the mysqld.log file and find out which queries are
> taking a long time, and then run them through EXPLAIN and then tweak the
> indexes accordingly.

The point of this email is to get the community to share what they've
already done and thus not have 100 people all researching how to make RT
faster on their, therefore own duplicating work.

But thanks for the tips. This process is very close to what I did in
narrowing down where the bottleneck was. From there I got a tip in the
archives of the list that pointed me in the correct direction. So, I can
vouch for the process -- it helped a lot with solving my issue.

Matt