[rt-users] How to set "Global" privs in RTFM?

Larry Stone lcs at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 6 21:29:31 EDT 2003

Maybe I'm being dense, but there doesn't seem to be any way
to set "global" privileges within RTFM.  For example, the AdminClass privilege
on the object $RT::FM::System (i.e. global) is required to create
a new class.  Likewise for custom fields.

I can get around this by giving users the SuperUser privilege to admin
RTFM, but that seems...unfortunate.  Since we're just exploring RTFM here
on a test/demo instance, it's not a real problem, however.

The environment:
RTFM 2.0RC2, RT 3.0.5pre3, fastcgi, apache 1.3.27, solaris 8, perl 5.8, X11

Any ideas?

    thanks,

      -- Larry