[rt-users] Trouble installing Apache::Request

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Sun Aug 10 23:57:06 EDT 2003

Camron W. Fox wrote:
> 	When I check the error log, I find that it cannot find Apache/Test.pm
> because it's looking in the 5.6.1 locs in /usr/lib/perl5 vice the newly
> installed 5.8.0 locs in /usr/local/lib/perl5:

ok. did you previously configure libapreq under 5.6, and somehow
it's retaining that configuration?
Can you blow away the ~/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.2 dir and retry
the install from CPAN?

Also check if there is any perl 5.6 binary calling itself "perl"
anywhere in the path, perhaps.... I'm wondering if the libapreq
build is somehow picking that over the 5.8 binary....
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630