[rt-users] Modifying quick search display?

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Mon Aug 11 13:47:52 EDT 2003

Steve Wampler wrote:

> I'm running 3.0.4 and would like to see 'closed' tickets listed
> in the quick search display along with 'new' and 'open'.  Is
> that hard to do?
>
> (RT is being used internally and having quick access to review
> the notes from closed tickets would be nice.)

grab the file "QuickSearch" from share/html/Elements and copy it to
local/html/Elements.  Then, edit as desired.  It is really quite
trivial.  I mod'ed mine to show stalled tickets and the total number of
tickets in the active states (Open, New, Stalled).  If you grok perl and
html it should only take you about 10 minutes.

Whenever RT requests a file it first checks for the local version, then
the system version.  This is nice because your changes are not
overwritten on upgrades.

local=$path/local/html
system=$path/share/html

if -e $local/$desired_file {