[rt-users] Utterly unable to view comments

Amanda Robinson amanda at lodden.com
Mon Aug 11 17:38:54 EDT 2003

I recently installed RT 3.0.4, and I can't get the web interface to show
any of the details of the history: no comments, and none of the original
problem description.  For example, one of our "test" tickets looks like
this:

History  Display mode:[Brief headers] [Full headers]
#     Wed Aug 06 16:12:39 2003  amanda - Ticket created
#     Wed Aug 06 16:16:22 2003  amanda - Status changed from new to open
#     Wed Aug 06 16:16:22 2003  amanda - Comments added

The only thing clickable is [Brief headers] and [Full headers] (neither
of which makes any change whatsoever to the page), and the "#"s, which
open exactly the same page but without the "Best Practical" header bar
at the top. I've tried this from both Display.html and History.html,
with the same results.  There are no entries in the html error_log, and
there are no entries (at all, ever) in $RT_HOME/var/log/rt.log.

RT is version 3.0.4
Perl is 5.8.0
HTML::Mason is 1.22
MySQL is 4.0.13

I am at a loss what to do with this.  The inability to view any details
about the problem, or any comments made by others who have worked on the
problem, renders the system somewhat less than useful.

--
Amanda Robinson
amanda at lodden.com