[rt-users] Trouble installing Apache::Request

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Aug 11 19:09:51 EDT 2003

Camron W. Fox wrote:
> 	Yes, libapreq was previously built under 5.6.1 for our RT2 installation.
> But that was done under /root/.cpan as root with /usr/bin/perl (5.6.1) and
> all the new stuff has been done under ~cwfox/.cpan using sudo with
> /usr/local/bin/perl (5.8.0). All the other modules have installed with no
> problems.

ok. The basic problem we're having here seems to be: Somehow libapreq
is picking up 5.6 instead of 5.8. Correct?

What does the Makefile in ~/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.2 look like?
Does it reference 5.8 or 5.6? In particular, what does it say
PERL_LIB, PERL_ARCHLIB, PERL and FULLPERL are?

--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630