[rt-users] Large # of tickets - internal server error?

Jim Rowan jim.rowan at starcore-dsp.com
Fri Aug 15 10:29:04 EDT 2003

>> My mod_perl, from the ports collection, is built as a module.  So
>> I know mod_perl won't work properly with RT

> mod_perl likely _will_ work fine these days as a module.  Generally,
> its safe to use.  If you get odd segfaults, stop using it.

I went against the directions and have been running mod_perl (1.x) as a
module on freebsd 4.8 just fine with RT 3.04.  We've had absolutely no
trouble.

I'd like to see that section of the documentation modified or removed.
[Perhaps it could be phrased as a troubleshooting hint, or at most a
warning.] Requiring people to rebuild apache just because they want to
add RT isn't good for the acceptance level...