[rt-users] Viewing Ticket with relationships

G. Richard Bellamy rbellamy at pteradigm.com
Sun Aug 17 23:12:21 EDT 2003

-snippage-

>          We have recently set up an installation of rt3-0-4
> on RH 9, and have problems viewing tickets that have any
> relationships setup.
-snippage-

I'm interested to hear how this works out for you... I tried RT-3-0-4 on
RH9, and found that, at the time, perl was so broke, I couldn't get it
to work the way I wanted it to without rebuilding Perl & Apache. This
was even after I set the LANG setting to a non-unicode value (tried
en_US, C and a few others). Rebuilding perl & apache, on RH, for me,
became a really daunting task, which I gave up on (the number in
dependent packages, the non-standard installation settings and directory
structure).

I decided to use Debian because I figured they're much less likely to
feel the pressure of market driven release dates (RedHat is about making
money, after all). RT now works like a charm, minus some bugs, which are
fixable or manageable.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE RedHat for a desktop, I'm just not crazy
about the apparently free hand they've played with their perl distros,
as they seem to have been some sort of broken out-of-the-box at each
release since 7.2.

I also don't have enough experience to be able to use RPM to build,
which I understand to be a really powerful way to deal with some of the
things I've mentioned, so you might look into that.