[rt-users] rt install / perl_mod apache compilation (cpan)

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Tue Aug 19 22:21:14 EDT 2003

(if this is a repeat, disregard, not sure if it was received)

On Redhat 9 and the install docs for rt, I got stopped where CPAN
wouldn't install 2 modules..

# perl sbin/rt-test-dependencies --with-mysql --with-modperl1
*modperl 1.99 is install with redhat 9

Modules that won't install properly:
Log::Dispatch
Apache::Request

CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JO/JOESUF/libapreq-1.2.tar.gz
mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 31.
Running make test
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

Apache:Request complained diffrerently but mostly compile errors..

I can't sidestep this since it breaks make install / make
initialize-database
Anyone else experience this? Workaround?

/Patrice Seyed
Computer Systems Administrator
Genetics Program - Boston U. School of Medicine