[rt-users] httpd's are more than 10%

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Aug 21 12:15:57 EDT 2003

On Donnerstag, 21. August 2003, at 17:12 Uhr, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Harald Wagener wrote:

>>> my-medium.cnf
>>>
>>> I commented out all the references to innodb to avoid any further
>>> crash in my
>>> mysql.
>>
>> Are Your rt databases innodb or MyISAM? They will be faster if You run
>
> Innodb I think. How can I confirm that ?

You can change the table type by issuing

 > ALTER TABLE tablename TYPE=InnoDB;

at the mysql prompt.

I don't know of a quick method to find out if You are currently using
InnoDB databases.

>> an optimized innodb setup.
>
> How do you run an optimized innodb setup ?
>
> Sorry for all these newbie questions ?

This is documented in the mysql documentation. I did do it 'by the
book', have a look at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/index.html. There are
three or four variables controlling how much memory MySQL uses, and
another three or four that control innodb. InnoDB is described in
Chapter 7.5

Another good resource is Jeremy Zawodny's web site at
http://jeremy.zawodny.com/mysql/

Although this is for version 3.x, most of the information is still
correct.

Regards,
     Harald