[rt-users] Determining group membership

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Aug 27 16:27:57 EDT 2003

RT 2.0.15

I am trying to create a custom link in the 'Tabs' section that only
members of a certain group should see. Creating the link is easy,
restricting who sees it seems to be beyond my abilities. I am looking at
Group.pm, and I assume I should be using the 'HasMember' method, but I
can't seem to figure out the correct syntax. I thought it would be
something along the lines of:

if  ($self->CurrentUser->GroupId => 'Allowed Group') {
    print 'link'
}

I'm not very comfortable with Mason, so please be gentle...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom Lichti